The Programme is currently open for applications.
The Sports Capital Programme aims to foster an integrated and planned approach to developing sports and physical recreation facilities throughout the country. In particular, its objectives are to:
- assist voluntary and community organisations, national governing bodies (NGBs) of sport, local authorities and Education and Training Boards and schools to develop high quality, safe, well-designed, sustainable facilities in appropriate locations and to provide appropriate equipment to help maximise participation in sport and physical recreation
- prioritise the needs of disadvantaged areas and groups (such as people with disabilities) in the provision of sports facilities
- encourage the sharing of sports facilities by clubs, community organisations and national governing bodies of sport.
Online System for Sports Capital Programme
Sports Capital Programme Guide to Accessible Gym Equipment
It is a requirement of the SCP that all gyms funded by the Programme have accessible gym equipment. The Department has prepared a guide which sets out the requirements for grantees who have been allocated funding towards gym equipment.
2018 Sports Capital Programme
The 2018 Sports Capital Programme is open for applications from 9am on Friday 7th September to 5pm on Friday 19th October, 2018. Any organisation wishing to make an application under the Programnme must be registered on OSCaR (www.sportscapitalprogramme.ie) by 5pm on Friday 5th October, 2018.
The following resources relating to the 2018 SCP are available:
- Guide to making an application including the terms and conditions IRISH LANGUAGE: guide
- YouTube channel
- A Review of the 2017 Sports Capital Programme
If you require further information on the Sports Capital Programme, you can contact us at:
Sports Capital Programmes Unit
Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport
Co. Kerry, V93 A49X
Enquiries can also be made by calling the phone number matching your county from the contact us section.