The role of Aviation Services Division is to ensure the aviation services sector supports Ireland’s economic and social goals in a safe, competitive, cost-effective and sustainable manner, and to ensure maximum air connectivity for Ireland with the rest of the world.
The detailed functions of the Aviation Services Division include:
- Formulation and implementation of policy across a range of areas such as market access for air services, passenger rights issues, and aviation emissions reduction schemes.
- The Division seeks to maximise competition and connectivity by pursing conclusion of air transport agreements at both national and EU level.
- Management and coordination of cross-sectoral international and EU issues, including Brexit.
- Administration of the Minister’s functions in relation to the carriage of munitions under the relevant S.I.
- Coordination of the delivery of the action plan for the implementation of the National Aviation Policy, as published in August 2015.
- The Division also represents Irish aviation interests in European and international fora including the EU Council, the European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC) and the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO). The Division provides support to the Irish candidate on the ICAO Council in the period 2016-2019 and supports the work of coordination on international developments in aviation among the member states that are part of the ABIS Rotation group on an ongoing basis and
- the administration of the National Civil Aviation Development Forum, a collaborative forum of senior aviation stakeholders working in support of the goals of the National Aviation Policy
Telephone: + 353 1 6707444 or lo-call 0761 001 601
For general queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries relating to flight authorisations: email@example.com
Aviation Services Division
Department of Transport, Tourism & Sport
Dublin D02 3R60