The Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015
Designated Public Officials - Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport
The Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015 commenced on 1 September 2015.
The Act provides that the Standards in Public Office Commission will establish and maintain an online Register of lobbying activity. www.lobbying.ie. The purpose of the Register is to make information available to the public on the identity of those communicating with designated public officials on specific policy, legislative matters or prospective decisions. Lobbyists must report on their interactions with the Designated Public Officials.
Section 6(4) of the Act requires each public body to publish a list of designated public officials of the body. The purpose of the list is twofold:
- To allow members of the public identify those persons who are designated public officials; and
- As a resource for lobbyists filing a return to the Register who may need to source a designated public official’s details.
The Designated Public Officials of the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport under this legislation are:
- Minister Shane Ross, TD (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Minister of State
- Brendan Griffin,TD (email@example.com)
- Aisling Dunne, Special Adviser to Minister Ross (AislingDunne@dttas.ie)
- Carol Hunt, Press Adviser to Minister Ross (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Graham Doyle, Secretary General, with overall responsibility for the Department (email@example.com)
- Fintan Towey, Assistant Secretary, with responsibility for Aviation (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deirdre O’Keeffe, Assistant Secretary, with responsibility for the Maritime Sector and Evaluation (email@example.com)
- Ken Spratt, Assistant Secretary, with responsibility for Tourism and Sport (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deirdre Hanlon, Assistant Secretary, with responsibility for Public Transport and Smarter Travel (email@example.com)
- Ray O’Leary, Assistant Secretary, with responsibility for Roads, Finance and ISD. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Áine Stapleton, Assistant Secretary, with responsibility for Corporate Affairs and Central Policy Co-ordination (email@example.com)