Alan Kelly TD
Alan Kelly TD is Minister of State, at the Department of Transport, Tourism & Sport.
Constituency: Tipperary North
Home Address: Loughtea, Ballina, Co. Tipperary
Constituency Office: (1) No 1 Summerhill, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary, (2) Rosemary Square, Roscea, Co. Tipperary, (3) Baker Street, Thurles, Co. Tipperary. Ph 067 34190
Contact: Mobile: 0866061101
Dáil office: Dept of Transport, Tourism and Sport, Kildare St, D2 Ph 1890 44 3311.
Birth Place/Date: 24/07/1975 Limerick
Marital Status/family: Married to Regina O'Connor from Waterville, Co. Kerry. Regina is a school teacher in Nenagh. One daughter, Aoibhe.
Education: Nenagh CBS, UCC (BA Hons English and History, M.Phil in Political History), Boston College (Cert in Leadership), UCD/Smurfit Business School (MBS specialising in eCommerce).
Occupation: Full-time public representative. Formerly MEP, Senator, eBusiness Manager with Failte Ireland/Bord Failte.
· 1992 Worked on Tipperary North General Election campaign.
· 1994 Worked on Cork City by-election campaigns (North & South Central).
· 1995 Founder of Jim Kemmy UCC Branch.
· 1996 Elected Organiser of Cork North Central Constituency.
· 1997 Managed Cork North Central General Election Office.
· 1998 Elected Munster Representative of Labour Youth.
· 1998 Worked on Limerick By-election campaign.
· 1999 Worked on Local Elections in Tipperary North & Cork North Central.
· 1999 Elected Co-Chair of Labour Youth.
· 2000 Chair of Labour Youth.
· 2001 Director Tom Johnson Summer School.
· 2001 Member of General Council.
· 2001-2 Member of General Election Planning Committee.
· 2002 Worked on General Election Campaign in Tipperary North & Dublin Mid West.
· 2002 Director Tom Johnson Summer School.
· 2004 Worked on Local Elections in Tipperary North & Dublin South East.
· 2001-2005 Member of Labour Party Finance Committee.
· 2006-7 Worked on General Election Campaigns in both Tipperary North & Dublin South Central.
· 2007 - July Elected on the first count on the Agriculture Panel to Seanad Eireann
· 2007 - Sept Appointed Party Spokesperson on Tourism and Seanad Spokesperson on Finance and Local Government
· 2008 - Member of Party's 21st Century Commission
· 2008 - July - Selected to contest the European Elections for Munster/Ireland South
· 2009 - July Elected to the European Parliament for Ireland South
· 2009 - Selected as a full member of the Internal Market/Consumer Affairs Committee and the US Delegation. Selected as a substitute member of the Agriculture and Rural Affairs Committee, the Petitions Committee and the Iceland, Norway and Switzerland Delegation.
· 2011 Feb - Elected to Dail Eireann for Tipperary North. Appointed Minister of State for Public & Commuter Transport - Department of Transport, Tourism & Sport